Yash Overseas is one of the Top Consultancies of India with many years of experience in guiding students to various destinations in abroad.
Russia MBBS Education and Living
Fast Facts of Russia
Russia is world’s largest country, in the world in the terms of land with an area of 17 million sq km. Russia shares borders with many borders with many countries, including China, Ukraine, North Korea and Norway. The approx population of Russia is 144 million. The currency in Russia is well-known as Roubles and the international dialing code is +7. Russian is the official language of Russia but there are many other languages used in various parts of the country. Russia has a wide range of natural resources and is one of the world’s largest producers of oil. Russia is well-known as the largest country in the world by area and covers around one-eighth on the land. The most important thing about Russian weather is mainly depends on the region. Most part of Russia lies in a moderate climate zone and is quite a comfortable place to live in.
Education System in Russia
If you plan to pursue your higher education in Russia, it would be helpful to take a good look at the education system of Russia.
Russia is recognized to have a very strong education system. Education in Russia is organized and coordinated by the state government; guarantee that general education is free and available for everyone across the country. Russia provides the education at primary level and it is regulated by the Ministry of Education and Science. According to the latest survey, Russia is having the highest literacy rates in the world (99.7%) with more than half of its population having studied till the tertiary level. Regional authorities regulate education within their jurisdictions within the prevailing framework of federal laws.
The Schools in Russia are state school owned by the government and even few of the private schools also have been established in recent years. The academic year in Russia is split into two semesters. The first semester starts from September to January and the second semester starts from February to June and further the schools and universities are stated by the Russian Government. Russia is well-known as one of the best education systems in the world with many students from across the globe apply in diverse universities of Russia to study further for their higher education.
Why Study in Russia
Russia is a highly educated country with over half of its residents holding a university degree. Every year thousands of students appear for different entrance tests of engineering and medical to become engineers or doctors. But it is not necessary that the entire appeared candidate does not clear the exam. In such case one should not loose the hope and try again to clear the exam. We are offering the candidate other viable option of studying medical and engineering which does not require any entrance examination and do their medical study in Russia.
The universities in Russia provide a comfortable studying and living conditions to adapt them with their lifestyle. Russian universities educate an extensive mixture of specialists, in medial and repeatedly the university is placed in the top of international rankings. As compared to USA or UK the education fees MBBS in Russia is much more affordable. Moreover, international students have the chance to study for free at the expense of the Government resources. Each year Russia acknowledges students from all over the world, from nearly 170 countries, and you can join them too. The standard of higher education in Russia is considered to be one of the most advanced and sophisticated in the world. The degrees have received global recognition and have topped World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) rankings.
MBBS in Russia
Russia is known as home for some international medical students. Since last 20 years it has been observed in statistics that a tremendous amount of global students come to seek after MBBS in Russia. Additionally, the training strategies in Russian colleges are all around created and have exclusive expectations. In the Directory of World Medical Schools of WHO Russia comes at 30th positions out of 100 top positioning medical colleges over the around the world.
Why You Should Study MBBS in Russia?
- Russian universities offer high-quality education and are among top medical institutions in the world
- Universities in the country hire talented and experienced teachers
- An easy admission process makes students fall in love with the country
- India and Russia share strong cultural and economic connections
- The universities focus on both practical and theoretical aspects of education which is crucial for medical students looking to study MBBS course in Russia
- Most of the Russian medical institutions are recognized by UNESCO, WHO, and other medical councils in the world
- Every year thousands of Indian students choose to seek MBBS admission in Russia
- European lifestyle often attracts Indian students
- Well-equipped hospitals with tertiary education
- You need not take any entrance exams to join Medicine Course in Russia
- No hefty donations to colleges
- In comparison to the private Indian colleges, the tuition fee of Russian medical colleges is very low.
- The medium of study is in English as in India
- The Russian government regulates all universities in Russia
- Indian food is available in many universities
- To secure admission in Russian medical colleges there is no entrance test required.
- Great Accommodation
- Endless possibilities
- Affordable course fee and living cost
- Also, the degrees awarded by Russian institutions are recognized all around the world
- Well-equipped hospitals with tertiary care units
- Worldwide Recognition of the degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia
- One more advantage of studying MBBS in Russia is that you can get trained for the MCI Screening test so that you can practice in India and there is no additional cost for this.
- Russian universities offer various language programs that are included in summer schools, courses, and distance learning. International students can take a year-long course in the Russian language. Moreover, students who have enrolled in state-funded colleges to pursue MBBS in Russia can learn the language free of charge.
MBBS in Russia Eligibility
- Age Limit:The eligibility criteria for the MBBS in Russia is that the students should have completed the age of 17 on or prior 31st December before pursuing MBBS.
- Marks Scored: Should have cleared 12th standard with 50% mark scored in the subjects like physics, biology, and chemistry.
- Exam: MCI has acknowledged that those Indian students who won’t come out in the NEET and desire to register in Foreign Medical Universities in 2019 will have to get an Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI at the time of admission.
Documents Required for Admission in MBBS in Russia
- You must have the passport with the validity of at least 18 months
- Should have to submit 10th Certificate and 12th Certificate with Birth Certificate
- Four passport size photographs
- Scanned copy of passport (first and last page)
- Letter of approval from the Medical University of Russia
- Medical certificate with documents of your HIV test
- Authorizations of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs (New Delhi)
- Proof of legalization of all of your documents from any Russian Embassy
- Receipt of payment of the fees of visa
- Receipt of university + 1st-year tuition fees
- For any other query and clarification, please feel free to contact Mobile No. +91-8530302828
MBBS in Russia Duration
- MBBS program in Russia is 6 years long. And this period doesn’t include the 1 year internship that you must complete (after returning to India).
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Russia
- Step 1: Student should fill the application form and send the scan copy of their Mark sheets to Yash overseas on email@example.com
- Step 2: After applying university takes 3-4 working days to issue the admission letter. Once the admission letter is issued student should start making the documents ready required for VISA
- Step 3: We will apply for the invitation letter from the university. Invitation letter takes about 15 days.
- Step 4: Once the invitation letter is issued, we will file for the VISA. After filling, it takes 5 working days to get VISA.
- Step 5: We will decide the suitable date as per the student convenience and we will book the tickets in a group for Russia. Our representative will escort the Group from India to the University
We will guide in the preparation of Drafts of Key documents such as SOP/LORs /Essays/Resume,etc.
Students will be guided for the application for the course through the online or offline processes as required by the university.
Based on the test scores,our Sr.Counselors will help to shortlist the universities apt for you.
Through one to one discussion and our seminars, we will guide the their sponsors with regards to finances and education loans that may be required for the visa application.
Based on the country and course,we can identify the Entrance tests (GRF/GMAT/-SAT,etc specific to the country and course requirements and start preparation.
We help in visa application,form filing and interviews if applicable.
Meet our experienced counselors to discuss which country or courses have the scope for your program of interest.
WE will help for foreign exchange, flight bookings, insurance,etc. and connect you to other students who will join you.
Process Time Schedule
- May – Counseling
- June – Enrollment
- July – Invitation Letter
- July End – Visa Filling
- August – Departure
MBBS in Russia Fees Structure
|Sr. No||Universities||City||Fess 1st Year||Hostel||Uni. Administrative Charges (first year only)||1st year total Fee+ hostel+ Admi. Charges)||2nd to 6th year (Fee + Hostel)||Total Package|
|ULYANOVSK STATE UNIVERSITY||ULYANOVSK||4000||260000||600||39000||300||19500||4900||318500||4600||299000||27900||1813500|
|KAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVESITY||KAZAN||6100||396500||600||39000||Nil||6700||435500||6700||435500||40200||2613000|
|KABARBINO BALKARIAN STATE UNIVERSITY||NALCHIK||2850||185000||700||45500||1000||65000||4550||295750||3550||230750||22300||1449500|
|VOLGOGRAD STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||VOLOGOGRAD||5630||365950||550||35750||Nil||6180||401700||6180||401700||37080||2410200|
|BASHKIR STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||BASHKIR||3500||227500||300||19500||1500||97500||5300||344500||2900||188500||19800||1287000|
|ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||ORENBURG||6000||390000||720||46800||Nil||6720||436800||6720||436800||40320||2620800|
|SMOLENSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||SMOLENSK||5500||357500||800||52000||Nil||6300||409500||6300||409500||37800||2457000|
|KURSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||KURSK||6550||425750||500||32500||Nil||7050||458250||7050||458250||42300||2749500|
|MARI STATE UNIVERSITY||YASHKAR-OLA||4500||292500||Included||Included||4500||292500||3000||195000||19500||1267500|
|CHUVASH STATE UNIVERSITY||CHUVASIA||2850||185000||700||45000||1000||65000||4550||295750||3550||230750||22300||1449500|
|ALTAI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||BARNAUL||5000||325000||300||19500||Included||5300||344500||3300||214500||21800||1417000|
|CRIMEA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||SIMFEROPOL||3500||227500||250||16250||1300||84500||5050||328250||3750||243750||23800||1547000|
Cost of MBBS in Abroad
Studying MBBS in Russia is very low cost as compared to other countries like USA and UK and due to the low fee structure colleges like Chuvash state university medical academy, Kabardino-balkarian state medical academy, Kursk state medical colleges, Kazan state medical university, Volgograd medical university, Ulyanovsk state university, Smolensk state medical university, Mari state medical university, Perm state medical university are popular college among the Indian Students. Along with the low cost of MBBS abroad the cost of living in these countries is also very affordable for international students. Some Students also get a chance to secure Scholarships for MBBS Abroad.
MCI recognized MBBS universities in Russia
Kazan State Medical University
The Kazan State Medical University is located in the central part of the city Kazan, Russia.Kazan state medical University
Volgograd Medical University
Established in 1935. The Volgograd medical University located in the city VOLGOGRAD and first started as Stalingrad medical Institute.
Ulyanovsk State University
Founded in 1988, Ulyanovsk State University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of
Chuvash State University Medical Academy
Establishment in the year of 1967 of the Chuvash State University Medical Academy on the foundation of Lenina Moscow and award
Kabardino-Balkarian State Medical Academy
Kabardino-Balkarian State medical University formed in 1957 in Nalchik on the basis of pedagogical college.
Kursk State Medical Colleges
The Kursk State medical colleges are first Russian University Established in 1935. Kursk State Medical Academy is one of the largest
Smolensk State Medical University
The Smolensk state medical university was initiated in the early in the 1920, at that time was illustrious as .
Mari state medical university
1972, is the year of establishment of the Mari state medical university, whose objective is to develop the highly qualified
Perm state medical university
Founded in 1988, Ulyanovsk State University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting ofThe Perm
Russian Universities Offers 3 Types of MBBS Course
- Fully English taught MBBS courses in Russia (In very few Russian MBBS colleges).
- Fully Russian taught MBBS programs in Russia (All the Russian medical universities).
- Bilingual programs (3 years in English and last 3 years in the Russian language in most of the universities)
FAQs for studying MBBS in Russia
Doing MBBS in Russia is a good choice?
Yes, the choice of Studying MBBS in Russia is good one compared to other countries. It is a smart idea to pursue medical studies.
When does the academic year starts in Russian Universities?
The academic year in all Russian medical university starts from 1st September.
Is Student Visa compulsory for the Indian student going for MBBS in Russia?
YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS universities of Russia.
Is there any entrance exam to be given for Study MBBS in Russia?
The universities that we represent do not require any entrance exam.
What is the Duration for studying MBBS in Russia?
6 years course who selects English as the medium of instruction, whereas 7 years for the students select Russian as the medium of instruction, as the 1 year time required for training of Russian Language.
Can I practice on returning to India after the completion of MBBS from abroad?
Yes, after completing MBBS from Abroad you can practice as a doctor in India as per the latest rules specified by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Further the National Board of Education (NBE) conducts a screening test for which has to be appeared and after clearing this test, the next step involves registration with the MCI.
What are the eligibility criteria for getting admission?
For “General Category” students, they should have minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th Standards and for the students under SC/ST/OBC category should have minimum 40% marks in PCB.
What are the age criteria for admission?
The students should complete minimum 17 years by 31st December in the year he is seeking the admission.
When does the student get vacations for returning home?
Vacation is given twice in the year in all the universities and the students can return home during summer vacations.
- January Winter Vacations (Approx. 15 Days)
- June – July Summer Vacations (Approx 2 Months)
Can Students earn or do any part-time job while studying?
No. Students are sent on “Student Visa” which does not allow them to work and it is illegal too.
What facilities does the Hostel provide to the students?
The hostels of the MBBS universities are well equipped with different facilities for the students such as:
- Water heating facility
- Free electricity
- Washing machine
- Electric stoves so students can cook
- Change the bed sheets every 2 or 3 weeks
- Affordable high-speed internet
- Security guard at all hours
Will I Be Able To Get Vegetarian Food?
Yes, there is the ease of use for vegetarian food in the university. Moreover, students who are pure vegetarians can also cook food on their own so that they are satisfied with the food that they are consuming.
Is It Possible To Pay Fees In Installments?
Yes, the students can capitalize paying fees in installments, either semi annually or annually.
Can I Get An Education Loan?
Yes, the universities that we represent provide all the necessary documents to get an education loan from private and nationalized banks. Moreover, we as a foreign education consultant assist you in the entire loan process to make it speedy and sanctioned.
Are Russian Degrees Useful Internationally?
Yes, they are valued and recognized globally.
Can I get government job after completion of course?
Yes. Once “MCI Screening Test” is cleared, they can work in government as well as private hospitals and even open their own clinics.